5 Ways to Prevent Ransomware Attacks
The term "ransomware" has come up a lot in the news; but what is the root cause of this threat? Our Technical Director Michael Good takes a minute to speak about the JBS and Colonial Pipeline attack and how email is the most common vector for ransomware attacks. Five ways you can take action to reduce the threat posed by this vector include:
- Not clicking links in emails from addresses you don't recognize
- Implementing multi-factor authentication.
- Using a safe email browser that flags suspicious emails.
- Backing up important data in a separate network or server.
- Creating and practicing an incident response plan.