With another holiday shopping season underway, and another record breaking cyber Monday that lead to more of us turning online to check off our gift lists, it is important to be mindful of the growing risks and vulnerabilities you could face as you search for the best deal.
The ID theft center prepares you to avoid these risks with five steps to shop smart and safe.
- Install high-quality, up-to-date anti-virus software
- Secure your network with proper password protection
- Look for the security information of online vendors
- Choose a strong password for your online retailer accounts
- Be proactive in protecting your identity and accounts.
See more from the Identity Theft Resource Center